Friendly Tabernacle Church
items pertaining to Friendly Tabernacle Church
Photographs of Friendly Tabernacle Church in Mount Airy, NC
Friendly Tabernacle Church congregation standing by the church in 1952. The church is located on McBride Road approximately one mile from highway 103. It was first established in 1952 under the direction of the Rev. Ray Blackwelder who stayed with us as pastor. The church building was orginally a white frame structure but recently we have added brick veneer. During the last year we have enlarged and paved the parking lot. We continue to grow under the minstry of the Rev. Roby Wilcox who came to us from Elkin as our pastor in 1953 and has been with us since. Our present membership is approximately 150 members with an average Sunday School attendance of almost 100.